If you have any grain or vegetables try this.
- Half a head broccoli (or cauliflower) chopped into one inch pieces
- ½ cup chopped basil
- 3 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 cup pine nuts
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- juice and zest of one lemon
- 1- 2 cups left over wild rice, millet, amaranth or quinoa
Make a dressing with the lemon, garlic and oil and mix well. Assemble the vegetable, cheese, nuts, and grain and pour the dressing over and the grain, vegetables mix and serve!
Photo Courtesy Lori L. Stalteri